Workshop: Advanced Plasma Technologies in medicine, biotechnology and agriculture
Dr. Nevena Puač, co-Chair
Prof. Zoran Lj.Petrović, co-Chair
WS will be held on Tuesday, the 4th of September during the GD2018 conference in Novi Sad, Serbia.
The topics covered by the WS are in the rapidly growing fields of plasma medicine and plasma agriculture including non-thermal plasma sources, their diagnostics and applications. The effects of non-thermal plasma in biomedical applications are demonstrated through decontamination and sterilization, interaction with living cells through proliferation and differentiation, biomaterial processing, etc. Likewise, plasmas have more and more applications in field of plasma agriculture and food technology. Not-thermal plasmas are shown to increase germination speed and percentage, give better plant yield, decontaminate food and packaging, etc. Regardless of these achievements there are still a lot of open questions about optimization of not-thermal plasma sources, mechanisms involved in all abovementioned processes and the roles of each plasma constituents.
List of Invited Speakers
• Prof. Satoshi Hamaguchi, Center for Atomic and Molecular Technologies, Osaka University, Japan
Numerical simulation of reactions and transport of chemical species in water exposed to atmospheric pressure plasma
• Dr. Matteo Gherardi, Department of Industrial Engineering (D.I.N.), Alma Mater Studiorum-Università di Bologna, Italy
On the use of plasma activated water as plant defense enhancer
• Dr. Selma Mededović-Thagard, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Clarkson University, USA
Plasma within and contacting a liquid: which physical and chemical phenomena are important for a particular application
• Dr. Goran Sretenović, Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Study of Plasma Jet Interaction with Liquid Target
• Dr. Suzana Živković, Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Morphological and physiological aspects of plasma treatment – induced changes in plant cells and tissues